- ZombieMUD was first opened to the public in the summer of 1994 by its two founding fathers,
Leper and Belabour, who still run the game today almost two decades later.
- ZombieMUD is an all original world. Each guild and race has been hand crafted and balanced off eachother.
- At any given time of the day, there should be
well over one hundred fellow players on-line to interact with. The primary language of the game is English.
- There are 16 completely different guilds
to play, most of which offer a mastery
system for specialized play. Each guild on ZombieMUD has from two to six
subguilds which offer the freedom to choose exactly how you wish to develop your character.
We also offer level Class guilds (Traders & Navigators) to help you expand
your talents further. Multi-Classing is also allowed. (IE: You can be a Mage-Fighter if you so choose.)
- ZombieMUD hosts over 40 Races, each adept in their own area of gameplay.
- Each original in its own right, Zombie offers 1,000+ skills and spells to be learned in the various guildhalls of the realm.
- The land is vast, with an outworld of over a million rooms, and 15,000+ Hand-crafted
rooms. Exploration of the world expands in all directions, including flying through the skies and swimming deep beneath the ocean's waves.
- When playing the game, you will find that the 9 Member Party system becomes an integral part of ZombieMUD life. Through parties, you team your skills
with the skills of other players to bring down foes of legendary size and strength.
- Equipment is saveable over reboots in lockers or chests. You may also build, personalize, and secure your own permanent castle.
- Over 200 Level Quests are available to reduce level costs.
- ZombieMUD's Reincarnation system allows your to try out every character combination you wish, without having to re-earn all your experience.
- Player Killing is allowed within reason, and there is also a PK Clan System.
- An automated Event system runs random activities in the game throughout the day.
- ZombieMUD has an Apprenticeship system for those players new to the game, and many high ranking players are more than happy to take dedicated people on as an apprentice.
- There are several dozen languages to be learned.
- ZombieMUD's Pantheon of Deities oftentimes favours those who worship regularly.
- A system of binding equipment exists, though its details are shrouded within the mystery of the Sorcerers of the realm.
- Our internal triggering system known as chaining can be used along with various player defined commands and aliases to customize your play.
- An extensive channel system exists on the game, keeping you in touch with your guild members and party mates. Private channels may be created at any time and permanant private channels are buyable.
- Zombiemud is connected via InterMUD to Bat, hcBat, Sumu, Icesus, Chaos, and Delphine for all your chatting needs.
- To brighten up your day, ANSI colour is of course supported by the game.
- Backups of the game are taken every day, so your equipment and character are safe.
- Zombie is maintained by a dedicated group of actively coding Wizards, most of whom were once players themselves, who are
ZombieMUD to keep the game well balanced and interesting.
- ZombieMUD is a Non-Profit organization, unaffiliated with any corporation.
We do this for FUN!