|Before you read the hints, You may wish to browse the ZombieMUD Dictionary of common acronyms used on the game.
you know that...
- When you begin the game, you start with a free 100,000 Experience
points, which you may spend at will.
- Every new unmapped room you walk through gives you at least 500 free exp. The higher your personal explore percent is, the more you gain per room. Try exploring
of the newbie areas, but beware of death traps in higher level places!
- If you're new, and have never reincarnated your character, you get a bonus
consisting of a few spell or skill percents automatically trained for free.
- Buju will give a transportation stone to new players to help them on their travels. He also
is a skilled navigator, and can easily send you directly to your guild for free
if your level is not higher than 45.
- Mad Hettie, in ZombieCity, will sell extremely cheap, yet unchestable weapons to newbies, should you find yourself in need of equipment. Just seek her out in ZombieCity and 'buy' them.
- When you begin your travels, an extremely knowledgable skull arrives to help you. Should you dismiss him and wish for his return, simply type 'summon_skull'.
- Typing 'builtin' will show you a list of pre-defined commands your character has on the game. Read 'help command' and 'help alias' to learn how to make more in the correct way.
- If you don't dispose of corpses, they will oftentimes get up and start to attack
you again! These Zombies are much more difficult than the original monster, so
be sure to do something about your corpses. The command 'dg' allows you to use your hands to bury a corpse, if you have no other options available.
- An easy way to make cash as a newbie while killing in Del's Newbie Area is
to take those corpses to Lim-Dul (In the northeast corner of ZombieCity, just inside the graveyard) and he will pay you about 50gp each!
- While finding magical eq which helps your stats and regeneration
is nice, most folks find that it isn't even necessary to play the
game until your level reaches around 20-25. It's then when you
should really start considering gathering eq and saving it!
- If you wish to leave the game for any length of time, and have
gathered equipment you do wish to keep, seek out the Rent Room in
ZombieCity for quick and easy storage. For other possibilities,
be sure to read 'help storing eq' and 'help castles'.
- If Armageddon has arrived to the game, you may 'tell armageddon cs' for a free trip back to ZombieCity. Armageddon knows a few more teleportation tricks as well, should you ask him.
- If you should happen to die, you can visit father Kalidan in the Church of All Gods (3 n, 4 w from Central Square). He will resurrect you for no loss of experience if your total worth is less than or equal to 50m. Type 'ress_me' when you see him. After this you'll need to find a Cleric who can 'Resurrect' you. Try reading the file 'help death' on the game now for more info, as it's best to learn such information before it happens.
- If your worth is less than or equal to 50m, father Kalidan in the Church of All Gods will reincarnate you with no loss of experience for a meager sum. Type 'reinc_me' when you see him.
- When you first Reincarnate (this is not the same as 'resurrect'!) through the reincarnation spell, you have what is called a 'Reinc Tax' of usually about 10%. This means if you reinc again immediatly,
you will lose about 10% of your total exp worth. Each week you wait drops this Reinc Tax about 1%. The Minimum Reinc Tax is 1%.
- You can easily find out your total worth by asking a Cleric for an 'ew' or 'Estimate Worth'. This spell also helps you to determine your current Reinc Tax.
- Doing quests is optional, but having enough quest points reduces your main level cost by 25%. Talk to Lachesis southeast of the Adv-Guild for more info.
- While you can join a secondary guild at any time when you have a
free level, it is most often prudent to wait until you are
level 60+ to do so. Subguilds to your primary guild may only be
joined after you attain 45 levels in the primary guild itself.
- Many nasty events begin in ZombieCity, so beware of idling. It could get you killed!
- Try typing the command 'set' to configure a few of your user preferences. Most importantly your e-mail address.
- ZombieMUD has colours. If your terminal supports them, type 'term ansi+'. Also 'set color_map on' will show the map of the outworld in full colour.
- There are many channels out there to converse on. Type 'channels list' to see which ones you may join.
- The [newbie] channel is there to help you. Please feel free to ask questions on it. It is illegal for a player to give wrong information on [newbie]. Do not ask your questions on [mud], as 90% of the time the answer you recieve there will be wrong.
- Many guilds, and even some races, have what is known as a Mastery System, which allows you to greatly improve your character through various methods of play. Be sure to explore your guild area or ask around to learn the inner workings of your guild.
- Most races have special abilities inherent to the race. Type 'help
race' to learn what hidden power your chosen race possesses.
- An amazing amount of game information can be found on the various Player-created Webpages. Be sure to check them out, as you'd be amazed how much you can learn from your fellow mortals.
- Several questions a new player may have are answered in the Newbie F.A.Q., so you may wish to read through it!
- Be sure to read through the rules of ZombieMUD before you unwittingly break them. Botting and Multiplaying are illegal, so don't even try it. Type 'help topics' and read the rules sections for more details.